Saturday we took in AMC's Best Picture Show- read 5 of the Oscar nominated films all in one day! We didn't have the opportunity to do the full 9 in one day (not sure if we'd stay awake), but it was definitely cool.
Not only did we use our Stubs Card (seriously, get one of these, loads of bonuses), but because we used it we got free $$ to spend! We got giant movie sized posters with all the nominees, fancy lanyards with passes, and KJ even won a free ticket for getting a trivia question right. Score!
We got to see:
- Hugo 3D (which we'd seen, but it was even better the 2nd time around!)
- The Help (our favorite of the group!)
- Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
- The Artist (really amazing to keep today's audience entertained through a silent film)
- Midnight in Paris (a bit unfinished for us)
It really didn't seem like we were at the movies for 12 hours, and we'd definitely do it again. With all of our movie going and our free screenings that we get time to time, we've now dubbed ourselves
Cinefiles cinephiles as we feel we've crossed over some sort of imaginary movie-going line.
So catch a flick, and as always, happy adventuring!